"Can't Bowl" Group (50K)
Blue Bell Hill Village CC
chapnis 1st XI
Lahore Cricket Club
"Can't Throw" Group (50K)
|Top End Wombats
Lost Ashes CC
"Can't Bat" Group (75K)
|Must Destroy CC
Tyab Green CC
Hubbards Hills CC
Welcome to The Scott Muller Cup II
Welcome to the Official website of The Scott Muller Cup II - a "Friendly" tournament for players in the online cricket simulation Battrick.
This tournament is designed specifically for those players who aren't regular 1st XI players - all those who basically "can't bowl, can't throw".
The tournament will start on Sunday November 4 and will run for seven weeks. There will 18 teams participating, in two separate divisions, organised into three groups. The format will be round robin with finals/playoffs in the last two weeks - every team will get a game every week right through to the end.
Good luck to all of the participating teams!
Rules and Organisation
As this is a Friendly Cup, we really don't want to get bogged down with lots of rules and regulations - everyone joined in voluntarily, so hopefully we can all work together to make it all work.
If you have any questions or problems at any time, please let me know - our experience from last season showed that we can find workarounds for most problems as long as we know what's happening.
Here are a few things that we all need to know to make things run smoothly:
When you select your team each week, you will need to make sure of two things:
* When you add up the BTRs of your 11 selected players, the total must be 50,000 or less for the 50K division and 75,000 or less for the 75K division.
* None of your selected 11 players may have a BTR of over 10,000 in the 50K division and 15,000 for the 75K division.
Your team will probably grow stronger as the season progresses, so you need to check that your players remain eligible to play each week. Also, with the adjustments made to Form last season, a player's BTR can change significantly (both up and down) from week-to-week, so you will really need to keep an eye on this every week.
Penalties will apply this season for breaches of the BTR caps - see below for details.
It is up to both teams to arrange your match each week. One team must challenge, the other must accept. It doesn't matter who does what, as long as it gets done.
This season the deadline for arranging your game will be 0:00 Saturday (BT Time). Penalties will apply for not meeting this deadline - see below.
It might be a good idea to add a post in the Cup thread on the Friendlies sledging board when you issue or accept a challenge, as sometimes these can be easily missed.
As challenges are accepted, I will try to update this on the match schedule for that week.
A few things to remember:
* International Friendlies cannot be arranged before Tuesday.
* If you have not played International Friendlies before, then be aware that they are played in the timezone of the home team.
* Check the draw carefully each week. Make sure you know who you are playing and whether you are at home or away. (See next two points)
* Do not accept challenges made from teams outside the Cup. Check the draw!
* If you accept a challenge at the wrong ground, then nothing can be done about it.
Remember - good communication is the key - so try to contact the other manager if there are problems and please also keep me informed.
Results and Ladders
I will keep track of the results and produce a ladder after each round. Net Run Rate (NRR) will be used to rank teams equal on points. The calculation used for NRR will be similar to that used in Battrick. Points awarded will be the same as in BT OD games - (4 pts for a win, 2 pts for a tie and 0 pts for a loss) - except that penalty points will also apply - see below.
At the end of the 5 rounds of home and away games, there will be two rounds of playoffs. The draw for these games, including allocation of home ground, will be done after Round 5 and after the first week of playoffs. Please check the draw carefully and remember that you will have a game every week right up to December 16 - you do not get knocked out at any stage.
Last season we were able to get by without any penalties but unfortunately a couple of teams were a little inconsiderate of others which created some tension. (It also caused me to receive BT Mails demanding that action be taken etc etc). The aim is for this to be a Friendly competition so hopefully everyone will do the right thing, so that I don't have to impose any penalties.
The two main areas for penalties are:
* Breaching the BTR caps. It is your responsibility to check your team each week to make sure you stay under the cap. This season your BTR totals will be publicly posted on the results page each week. Penalty points will be deducted for breaching this rule. A deduction of 1 pt will be made for the first offence, 2 pts for a second offence and so on. Serious, deliberate breaches of this rule may result in expulsion from the competition.
* Failing to accept a challenge. If you are challenged and fail to accept by the deadline then your opponent will be awarded a win by walkover. Penalty points will also be deducted for breaching this rule. A deduction of 1 pt will be made for the first offence, 2 pts for a second offence and so on. These penalty points can be avoided by informing me in advance if you are unable to play (eg going away on holidays etc).
I'm sorry if these penalties seem harsh but if everyone does the right thing then the penalties become irrelevant.
Please let me know if I have forgotten anything or if I have made any mistakes.
Otherwise, have a great Cup!